7/1
4 Elders from my district are now being sent to Guatemala. There will only be 6 of us left. The other physicist, who is my best friend here, is now the new DL to replace Elder Robison, who is leaving.
7/2
My companion has been halfway sick for about a week. For the last day, I have missed classes because he is not feeling well. It is mostly just a cold, but it is affecting his throat. He is coughing a little and is worn out. I also missed a couple of meals. I have had a lot of extra time to think. My whistling skills have gotten better.
I just got my first haircut here. The first two are free, but the third requires payment. I would not say they are professionals, but they do it everyday. I think I like mom’s haircuts better. (^_^).
7/6
This week my companion got over his sickness, but I caught it. I had been drinking the airborne. The worst part is the fever and the sore throat. Every time you go to sleep and wake up it is worse. It is sort of funny. I had to go to the Student Health Center at BYU. The doctor just gave me some Mucinex stuff (Decongestant). I have been using cold-eez, airborne, and Vitamin C. This morning, I woke up and it was a lot worse. I had to sleep in because It was so bad. I had a nasty fever. I had gotten a fever of a 102.4. So I was sleeping through study time. I was freezing. Note that I have not been cool sense I have been here at the MTC. Everyone says that all the rooms are just too hot. I woke up to the zone leaders telling me to go to the health clinic so I could stay there while my companion went to class. When waking up after my 2 hr nap, I found that the fever I had was gone, and I was sweating like a racehorse. So when I went to the health clinic they did not accept me to stay there. Note that my companion has to put up with all this. When I went to the health clinic, she told me to be sure I took some Sudafed, and some Ibuprofen. I borrowed some of my roommate's.
7/14
I am still continuing to get better. I am now concerned about my Spanish, and teaching ability.
My Spanish is actually pretty good. I can teach lessons in Spanish fine. The problem is that in order to teach people, I have to be able to carry on a conversation, and understand and respond to things I have not ever heard before.
Yesterday the Branch President (aka my MTC mission president) actually gave our whole district a compliment on our cleanliness. (^_^) I played the piano for the first time in Priesthood meeting. It now appears that I am the best piano player in our entire zone/branch... except for some of the sister missionaries. I will be playing a lot more. Fun... one more thing that I have to worry about besides Spanish, and my progressing investigators (aka my teachers).
Mi Español es bueno. Yo puede hablar Español bien. Yo amo Ustedes. Yo tango mucho amor para Ustedes. Yo amo Jesucristo, Dios, José Smith, la Iglesia de Jesucritso, y trabajo de misioneros. Yo se que Jesucristo vive. Yo se que José Smith es el profeta de Dios. Yo se que Dios ama Sus hijos. Yo se que Dios tiene un plan para nosotros. él quiere el mejor para nosotros. él quiere que nosotros regresen a él. José Smith restaura Su evangelio. José Smith tradujo el Libro de Mormón. El Libro de Mormón es verdadero. Familias es central al plan de Dios. Nosotros podemos vivir con nuestros familias por eternidad.
(My Spanish is good. I can speak Spanish well. I love you. I so much love for you tango. I love Jesus Christ, God, Joseph Smith, Church of Jesucritso and missionary work. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that Joseph Smith is the prophet of God. I know God loves His children. I know God has a plan for us. he wants the best for us. He wants us to return there. Joseph Smith restored His gospel. Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is true. Family is central to God's plan. We can live with our families for eternity.)(Google translate)
The funny thing is that I have been teaching in Spanish since the 4th day I was here. I have taught in Spanish every day except Sundays while I am here.
I would like to report that I am feeling completely better now. My nose has stopped running. I would also like to report that I am starting to be able to focus on Spanish. I am actually able to focus during the time that I have been given to study.
7/22
My companion and I have been doing a lot better. We went to teach a lesson, and we understood most everything. We actually were able to explain things well, but for this investigator it did not matter. We ended up just testifying with all our enthusiasm and energy of heart. It turned out so well. We were teaching with each other better. It was amazing.
I realized something. I really need to be more animated, excited, happy, and friendly. I noticed that I really want to try and emulate Tacia's friendly personality. I feel that would really help me. I figured that would be easier than anything else I could try and do because I have known Tacia and her personality my entire life. If there was anyone with a spunky attitude that I can try and copy, then it would be her.
Finally, two awesome quotes.
"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got." (substitute teacher).
"Insanity is doing the same thing expecting a different result" (Albert Einstein).
7/26
So, this is interesting. I have been realizing a lot about my companion, or should I say, how much I don't know. I realize some of the struggles he is going through, what his family's situation is like. I understand him a lot better. I still don't like him. However, I understand why he is the way he is. I now understand why he struggles. I wish I could help him, but I cannot. The best thing I can do is focus on the work, and hopefully that will help him.
7/29
I once said that you can never do homework around roommates unless they are doing it, even if you don't like them. Well my companion, who has to be with me 24/7, never practices.
I have joy in knowing that I am preparing to teach those that need the gospel.
The gospel according to Christ in 3 Ne 27: He says,” This is my gospel". It can be simplified into 8 points, which I actually learned in Bro. Botts class.
atonement
resurrection
judgment
faith
repentance
baptism
following the Holy Ghost
enduring to the end
This is actually a way of life. It is what we must do every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment