8/3
The most interesting thing has happened to my companion. He has stopped talking so much. He remains much more silent. He
still talks a lot, but he does not interrupt
our studies anymore.... well not nearly as much. I am so confused. I don't know
what has caused this. I wish I knew. Elder Richards is so much more focused. I
can't explain it. I wonder if maybe it has something to his patriarchal
blessing, or maybe a letter from his family.
8/4
Something new has come up. I found out last night that my companion's grandmother just had a
terrible heart problem. She will most likely die. I am inclined to believe that
that news was contained in the package he received yesterday.
Anyway, my companion has still been interesting lately. I think he might have
known about it before, but today he is doing an illegal fast. He has not eaten
breakfast or lunch. I just hope he does not try to skip dinner either,
otherwise I will have to tell him that he needs to eat, because if the branch
president found out, I would be greatly chewed out for letting him do that. I
feel for him, I cannot however allow him to fast more than 2 meals at a time,
because if he collapses from lack of water or food, then the Branch President
will find out. That would not be good.
My Spanish has improved a ton over the last few days. Not so much my grammar,
but just my ability to speak confidently.
8/6
I found out that they have new stuff for trainers of greeny missionaries. I
am excited. For example, the trainer is to have the greeny be in charge of several
really important tasks, one of which is setting the weekly goals (I think). I
am totally pumped.
The MTC actually took my friend's suggestion, my friend the DL, they made
sloppy joes.
Apparently, it was a big deal when I "fixed" the computer at the
In-field orientation. All I did was press the volume up button several times to
turn the volume up. I guess I was the only one in the room that knew how to
work the machine.
8/8
So, I actually get a Missionary Debit card on my mission. I will receive it
when I get to the field. Oh, thanks Mom. My bags are the only ones lighter
than 50 pounds. Everyone else usually has 55 or 65. They have to leave a lot of
stuff at the MTC. I thought I had a lot of extra stuff. In addition I have a
ton of winter stuff and other stuff that no one else has, like a full set of
bedding, winter boots, a good winter coat, a nice blanket, a ton of medication.
(fyi, I now have 3 large tubes of airborn, and I now have a ton of vit. C). Yet
I still have the least amount of stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment