Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 16

This last week one time, 4 people tried to pay for us when we went to cafe rio. We have now decided to never go between the times of 12 and 2:30. It is already bad enough at 11.
I guess everyone was in the Thanksgiving  spirit. 

Well, other than that, nothing too exciting happened. My Spanish is getting better. I gave a talk in church this last Sunday in Spanish. Lots of people were surprised at how well I did.

I have to say, the most difficult part of Spanish is that I don't hear everything. Sometimes my companion will say something, I get confused, I repeat back to him what I heard, and then he says it all slowly and i only heard one word and he said 5 or 6. The thing about Spanish is that it takes up a little more space in writing, but it is even worse when speaking because it has tons more syllables. So  a big part of Spanish is speaking quickly. They have a ton of tongue twisters in Spanish to practice speaking quickly.  In English we combine words like I am to I'm, and it is to it's. However, we distinguish the words and we write them differently. In Spanish it is not like that.

Thanksgiving was fun. We had a lot of food and a lot of leftovers. I had a thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday, pie for breakfast on Thursday, 2 dinners on Thursday, and more leftovers on Friday and Saturday. Lots of food.

Oh, I need to say. I have not gained any weight on my mission yet. I am still in the same weight range I was before my mission, that is usually with a suit coat on too. (^_^)
Elder Daniel Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment