Here are some other phrases.
Jocky Box (glove box)
Wagon (shopping cart. From Elder Beatty)
Slippers (Sandels. Also from Elder Beatty)
Borrow Pit (Ditch on side of road)
Here in the ID Pocatello mission we have to wear our suits from this last general Conference to the next. In the summer, from General Conference to General Conference, we only have to wear our suits after 6pm if it is below 90 degrees.
It has already snowed here. I am going to die in the wintertime because of the wind.
I got a new companion. We are now in a three-some. Elder Eliason, Elder Mendez, and Elder Hernandez. There were some major changes in the Spanish areas because a couple missionaries got sent home for surgeries that will take 6 months recovery. There have been a lot of injuries among missionaries here lately. The mission President banned exercising in the mornings with other missionaries. We are supposed to do it only with our companion.
Here in the winter time. We are supposed to practice drifting in church parking lots so we know how to handle the car if it ever starts to skid in the snow while driving.
OK, this is sort of funny.
After quite a while I told Elder Mendez that I only knew one joke about Mexicans. He insisted that I tell him and when I did he was laughing. Later that week he told me to tell someone else at a dinner appointment. I am glad he found it funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment