Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 28

Today I felt the blessing of not being confounded before men. We were tracting a new area and we came across this person (American) and he invited us in. We entered his house, and then he started saying something about how he felt bad for us because it was so obvious that the Book of Mormon is not true because the Book of Mormon talks about the 3 kingdoms of glory and the bible does not and it is obviously false. We let him go on for a bit and he concluded with the bible is the only book that is completely true and has never been proven wrong, and that is the most true book on earth. (I am thinking... I can find several contradictions in the bible alone, and the Book of Mormon does not have a single contradiction within itself. And I think you are getting it backwards.) I said, "Well I have not heard anyone disprove the Book of Mormon." He said, "I just did about the 3 kingdoms of glory." I said, "Actually the Book of Mormon does not talk about it. The Bible is that book that talks about the 3 kingdoms." He said in complete frustration, "No it does not." I said, "Yes it does, 1 Cor 15." I then thought. Oh no, I hope it is chapter 15 because I always get the wrong chapter. He then said to his wife, "Where's my Bible?" I then said, "Well, we don't want to waste your time. We will be leaving now." I forgot to mention that he grew up LDS.

When we left I checked what chapter it was in and sure enough it was chapter 15. Most of that conversation I spoke with power and authority. I felt the Holy Ghost in me. I spoke what felt was right; And Chapter 15 came out of my mouth before I even thought about it, and the reason it did is because at that exact moment when I was saying it, there was not a doubt in my mind that that was the right chapter.

In the spoken American Language you can speak half a sentence and people will understand because they already know the other half. You could say, "Right on the next street." or "Interesting" or a lot of other phrases in the spoken language.

In Spanish no one will understand you. You almost always have to speak in complete sentences. You cannot just say "Left." you have to say, "Turn left here."

No comments:

Post a Comment