TRANSFERS
Nothing is happening. Everyone in our District is staying. And I don't know anyone in our zone because none of them ever come to activities. LAME. The only change is that I am getting Elder Holman as a Zone Leader. He was my first District Leader and he is amazing. He has so much love for other missionaries.
I made a hole punch out of one of my broken pens. I used it to punch new holes in a belt that I was given by another elder (the belt was way to big.)
I figured out how to use a pass along card to deflect the flash on my camera that way it is not a direct flash.
I finally ordered and got my business cards from vistaprint.com. They are free. You only have to pay for shipping. All the missionaries in this mission have them. You just need to get permission from President to go to the website.
I am almost done with my first Journal in my mission.
I don't think I ever told you much about my current companion.
Elder Calderon is from Panama city Panama. His parents are from Chile. He lived in West Jordan working for 2 years before his mission. He is 21 about to turn 22 on March 13. He has been hospitalized 3 times for about a month each. He has been in 2 car crashes. Almost died. He has two older sisters, one half brother. He is a lot more patient than my other companions.
Almost everything in my planner is written backwards now. It has become very easy to write backwards. However, my next planner needs to be written forwards because my next on is the one that will be inspected by the Zone Leaders. Well they are always inspected, but only every other transfer do they get graded.
My companion is a great driver. There is only one problem with TiWi. They say it is accurate within 2 meters of your location, but it is not. If it is too accurate the government has a right to monitor it. So it has so much inaccuracy. It keeps thinking we are on the next road over. However it is very random. It does not depend on which direction we are traveling, or what time of day, or whether it is all shifted. It is just random. So it keeps giving him speeding violations when we are going 30 in a 50-mile/hour zone. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It is just too inaccurate.
No comments:
Post a Comment