Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 41



 Yay. 2 in 1. I am as fast as an American, and as clean as a Hispanic.

Most Hispanics may not have a lot of money, or a lot of things, but they know how keep things clean, and how to eat well.

Most Americans are very messy. I can often tell who is Hispanic or American just by what the mess looks like outside their house. However, Americans are also typically very fast paced people. I am clean, and fast. Yay.

I have known this for a while, but it finally was put into words by another elder. Forced Repentance is not repentance at all.  You would be surprised how many people don't understand this. Repentance happens from within. No matter what I do I cannot force someone to repent. I could force my companion to obey rules, but it really wont help him as a person until he obeys them from a motivation from within. However, if I allow my companion to do something wrong, then I am also responsible. So there is a balance between forcing your companion to obey rules, and helping him to be motivated to follow the rule from an inner motivation.

I got to go to the sealing of the Torrez family here in this area. It was the first sealing that I have gone to in my life.

Transfers: I am staying. My companion is staying. I guess president decided to keep us both in the area since we are having so much success.

No comments:

Post a Comment