So, just the other day, we ate dinner with this family, and their son looked really familiar. We eventually figured out that I knew him from the MTC. I guess he got sent home for health issues.
So, there was a fire around here the other day and there was a lot of smoke.... and some ashes. But all of the smoke turned the sunlight this weird yellowish color, almost like when you are using sunglasses.
I don't think I ever explained the new rules about wearing suits. Now you are supposed to simply discuss it as a companionship and decide if it is too hot to wear a suit that day. No more stuff like general conference to general conference rules or above 90-degree rules.
I think it is good because people always call us weird/crazy for using suits when it is over 80 degrees. keep in mind that guys here in Idaho start going shirtless when it gets to 75 because they are sooo hot.
There was once a person that was giving advice to a college aged girl who was looking for a husband. He said, "do you want to know how to tell the guys that just went through the motions as a missionary from the ones that actually let the mission change who they are. Look at how they do their home teaching." The story goes on to explain that this girl was dating this guy, and one day she was with him in his car and all of the sudden he says, "hey, look It is so and so who I home teach." He pulls over and goes over to talk to them. The girls recognized that as the guy who let the mission change who he is. There is your spiritual thought for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment