I just talked to you all yesterday, but I did not exactly
talk about what had happened in the week. This last week we set a baptismal
date in the YSA ward. It was exciting because the missionaries have not had
work there in quite a while. We set the baptismal date right after we played
basketball on Friday night. We play basketball
in Aberdeen every Friday night with
investigators and members. We had a lesson right after, we finished basketball
at 9:10. Remember that we are supposed to be home by 9
unless in a lesson. Then we can return home at 9:30. We
were in Aberdeen so it takes 20 minutes to drive to American Falls
and we still needed to find someone that could give us a ride because we don't
have the miles to drive up there ourselves every week like that. So we had the
lesson, which went until 10:10. We set a baptismal date
but at that rate we were going to get home way late. After the lesson we could
not find a ride so we had to go spend the night with Elder Zamora. We got super
rebuked by the zone leaders (which I am not surprised nor am I mad).
There are different levels of obedience in the
mission. There are those that just don't care about being obedient.
There are those that are overzealous about being strictly obedient.
There are those that are only obedient when it is convenient and when it is not
convenient they think it is fine to disobey rules. Then there are
those that are strictly obedient and understand that on rare occasion
there are some exceptions to rules. (which is the category that I would place
myself)
I would give judgment on rules thus. Is it a want or a need?
And if it is a need, is there another way to do things to fulfill the need
without breaking rules (even if it is inconvenient)? I am determined that
exceptions to rules should not be common. It was a rare occasion in the Book of
Mormon when someone was told to murder someone else and have it
be OK Nephi, and Tiancom when he snuck in one time
to murder the leader of the other army. But then he thought that it
was OK to do that, and he went to do it again, but out of anger the
second time and he did not have the help of the Lord and he died. I am
determined that the rules we have, have been given to us by a prophet and that
we ought to obey them. Yes on occasion there
are exceptions, which brings in the principles of priesthood keys.
(we were trained on this in the leadership training meeting one time.)
A week or two ago we helped some people remove a fence.
Other than that we have not done a ton of service.
Elder Rios went to Salt Lake last week because he went to go
see the Mexican consulate. They just got a picture and fingerprints and stuff.
He flew back the same day at 11:00 o'clock at
night. We had to go pick him up. He will probably be getting his visa this
week. Then it will just be Elder Ponce and I.
We will be moving apartments again. Every time I get moved I
also move apartments as well. I will have served in 4 areas and 10 apartments,
by the end of my mission. I sure hope I don't get
Emergency transferred right after we move. I moved right before I got
to this area and I will move right when I get to my new area. I have already
been cleaning the crap out of the apartment we currently live in
because it was a mess when I got here.
No comments:
Post a Comment