Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 34

So this last week we helped out at an old folks home to set up Easter eggs, there were 1400 eggs. 6 elders helped hide all of them in two hallways. .... If you look at the picture you will see that it was really hard to hide them all.

So, a while ago (4-6 months) we were told not to use any slang at all. It is really hard. Now our district just says, "well, poop", but with the accent of the Canadian in our District. It is hilarious.

I was told by the stake president here, and then it was restated in general conference that

"What can I do to help, really is no help at all."  It may be good intentioned but it really does not help. It almost makes it worse because now they have another responsibility to find something for you to do for them.

Really that is the problem that we have been discussing. To be honest, I just completely forget about my wants and things, so when anyone asks "what can I do for you?" I honestly don't know.

Then again I have found myself doing the same thing at times.

PMG. "Most people will not change until invited to do so."

When it comes to the order in which you serve whom first. As a missionary it makes it quite clear: The Lord first, then the mission president and then your companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment